Friday, June 4, 2010

5-21-10 REPORT

Got on the storm SW of Groom, TX after traveling with Jay McCoy for the first part of the day. Got to photograph some incredible structure. What a day! I absolutely love TX Panhandle LP Supercells!!! Most shots from North of Clarendon, TX looking west. The last one is near Groom, TX. This was the most photogenic LP supercell that I have ever seen. Not only was the structure beautiful, but the fading sun behind the storm gave it special character that has made it one of the top storm photos that I've ever taken (PHOTO #2).

I did meet up with Brady Kendrick, Marcus Diaz and Steve Miller(TX) south of Groom to try to see some large hail. Earlier on, the storm produced hail that was about the size of softballs. When I got there (over an hour later) they were still the size of golf balls. Of course LP's are prolific large hail producers, and this one was no different.





No comments: