Wednesday, May 12, 2010

5-11-10 REPORT

Started off in NW OK near Seiling, but decided to head south to I-40 at Clinton. Saw VORTEX2 in Clinton as I sat at the McDonald's waiting for storms to fire. Storms started going up SW of Cordell. I made my way to Cordell and saw a huge chaser convergence with VORTEX2, the TIV and lots of chasers. I met Ryan McGinnis and Kate Pfeister and we chatted for a while before parting ways.

The storm SW of Cordell died out but a new storm was forming to the NW. I made my way up SE of Seiling and stopped to chat with a friend. As I was chatting, the Weather Channel pulled up behind my vehicle and started doing video segments with Dr. Greg Forbes and Mike Bettes. I took a few still shots and some video and chatted with them for a while. I then made my way closer to the storm that eventually became tornado warned. It was a nice LP south of Woodward that had incredible structure. I saw Warren Faidley and pulled up and chatted while taking in the awesome scene. It was a great day of meeting new people and seeing old friends. I never get tired of that. Storms are cool, but seeing and meeting new friends is awesome!
















1 comment:

Dann Cianca said...

Got some nice shots there. Quite the LP hailer!